Every crafter has a story, and we want to hear yours. Whether it’s a success story, your creative journey, industry experience, struggles, or helpful tips – we want articles that encourage, inspire, and motivate our readers. To learn more about Crafty Hands Club Magazine, take a look at our About page.
Now accepting submissions for CHC quarterly magazine issue. Call for magazine issues are only open four times per year: March, June, September, and December. Submission are for September’s issue.
We accept new articles from crafters, from all walks of life. Submitted work must be original and not previously published elsewhere (blogs and website included).
Before You Submit Article:
Make sure your work is original and does not infringe on other’s copyrights or privacy rights (photos included). Please note we check submissions for plagiarism. Plagiarized work will be returned.
Once Submissions Accepted:
You retain ownership and copyright but agree that CHC Magazine has the right to distribute. Crafty Hands Club Magazine has the right to make necessary edits (spelling, grammar, sentence structure, title) or shorten to fit within the word count guidelines.
- Your article must be between 1000-2500 words, including a catchy title
- Article must be written in first-person with a lesson (something happened to you and you learned something from it)
- Submissions in either word or google doc format only (PDF’s or articles in body of email are not accepted)
- Also, include a 3-6 sentence bio, and social media/website links (make sure links work. Nonworking link(s) will not be listed) along with your article.
- Promotional articles are not accepted.
- Articles containing racial slurs, discrimination, harassment, hate speech, or bullying are not accepted.
- Email submissions to email@example.com. Include article issue month and name of article in subject title. Example: Issue Month: Article Title
- Response time is up to 14 days after submissions have been received.
We are currently seeking article submissions for September 2022 issue. Quarterly issue theme is theatre. We are highlighting creatives in the following areas:
- Set Designer/Builder
- Scenic Designer (Backdrop included)
- Costume Designer
- Makeup Artist
- Doll Making
- Puppet Making
- Backdrop Designer
- Wig Stylist
- Light Designer
To view previous articles, check them out here